Wednesday, January 28, 2015

International Breema Week 2015

International Breema Week was unifying and enlivening—a wonderful demonstration of the principle of Mutual Support. Over 37 classes, open houses and events took place at the Breema Center and around the world. In addition to classes at the Center we offered several Open Practice Evenings for Bay Area Breema students, practitioners and instructors, inviting them to come to the Center and simply exchange Breema!

Giving Breema to hospital staff
in Zaffad, Israel
We heard from instructors worldwide that the energy of International Breema Week supported taking simple steps to make Breema more available to everyone. Many instructors simply practiced Breema together, or used the energy to strengthen their own Self-Breema practice. Several offered complimentary mini-sessions to friends, colleagues, neighbors, and family. Many instructors tried new events, new venues, and new ideas for presenting Breema.

Cornelia Weiss offered this perspective on inviting new people to receive Breema: "Thank you for encouraging us to bring Breema more out into the world. I see that I hesitate to ask some people I know because Breema is so close and doesn't seem to fit to the relationship I have to most of my acquaintances. But tonight I experienced again that as soon as they are lying on my mat that doesn't matter anymore. Then Breema takes over. I can rely on Breema in my body."


Open house in Madrid, Spain
Generally, the workshops offered had higher numbers of students than last year. Miguel Alonso wrote us, a couple of days after he listed an open house in Madrid, "I actually feel that immense energy of support, and apparently there are already no more vacancies left for the open house."

Gudrun Lieger emailed: "I wish to express my gratitude to the Center for the support and the inspirations for Breema International week! I am not sure if I would have done an open house without that “kick!” I had such a wonderful open house, I was so supported and got a lot of inspiration, and energy. Now I see once more, that Breema is that essential support I really need going through the events of life."

Eugene Breema instructors gave over 60 mini-sessions at a very attractive booth in the Eugene Home Show. Steve Brodsky wrote: "I received so much from the weekend, having the opportunity to share how much I benefit from Breema as well as to formulate my understanding."

The Breema Center also expanded our "virtual" International Breema Week offerings with a series of daily inspirational emails that included short videos by instructors speaking about what Breema means to them. To see them all go to this page on the Breema Center's website.
   


We wish everyone who participated continued benefit and enthusiasm for keeping Breema principles alive in daily life as well as in classes and sessions. We hope this energizing week supports all of you in following up with students, next steps, and ongoing classes and opportunities to present Breema! It's clear that we can benefit essentially from whatever small steps we take in offering Breema to others.

Roxanne Caswell contributed a large amount of this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment